Tuesday 2 April 2013

Kemis – craft in the Bay

Kemis – craft in the Bay, Cardiff Bay, 029 2045 3335, www.kemis.co.uk

Today was a wonderfully sunny day and going for a wander around the Secure exhibition at the Millennium centre was a real tonic. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and I just knew that spring was finally here. As I started to wind my way home Kemis – craft in the bay caught my attention. A spot of shopping then lunch was just the ticket to stave off the back to work blues.

Kemis is attached to Craft in the Bay a shop selling contemporary Welsh craft.  So two necklaces, a silver bracelet and a bowl later I was ready to tuck into my Salad Feast. This was exactly what it said on the tin, it was a feast, the variety of veg and lovely dressings in this mixed salad was tasty filling and healthy, not a limp lettuce or a gloopy mayonnaise potato to be seen. It was like no other salad I have eaten. Sitting on the tables on the top floor with the sun streaming in through the windows gave a great setting whether you are meeting friends or having a business lunch. Looking at the other choices healthy and homemade appears to be Kemis byword.

This is a bustling vibrant addition to the standard beige chain eateries that choke up Cardiff Bay.

Lottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment