Thursday 14 March 2013

Lolfa Thai Lounge - We'll be back

The Thai Lounge, Whitchurch 029 2061 1222 http://thai-lounge.co.uk

I just love the food at this fabulous Thai restaurant being too overwhelmed by choice by the varied menu Barnabus and I opted for the set menu for 2. With a yummy selection of starters, the prawn and thai fish cakes with their fragrant lemon grass taste were my absolute favourite. Everything tasted freshly cooked and took me back to my days in Bangkok. 

The restaurant has modelled itself on a western fine dining restaurant which is simple and neutral. However, I think it’s lost an opportunity for some real eastern style and charm.

This place is ideal for dates, family meals and nights out with the girls. It’s not cheap but it’s worth it. I am already looking forward to going back and as they do takeaway I might be able to squeeze a meal in before grandma comes to babysit again. 

Lottie x
-=-=-

A Thai restaurant with a menu that’s translated into Welsh? Now that’s a turn up for the books. We dined at 7:30 on a Thursday night and once we’d climbed the stairs we found the restaurant surprisingly empty, by the time we’d finished we were the only ones left.

Lottie’s quite right: I could imagine the Thai sun beating down while I enjoyed a lemon grass cordial. All the flavours were fresh and the green curry was very tasty with enough of a kick to let you know it had arrived. We washed it down with a couple of Singhas and rolled out with stomachs full and promises to return.

Barnabus

No comments:

Post a Comment