Monday 25 March 2013

Snails – worth leaving your shell for


Snails, Rhiwbina, 029 2062 0415, www.snailsdeli.com

Local independent artisan and some of the best pumpkin soup on this planet. I use this adorable Rhiwbina coffee shop for business meetings, quiet afternoons with Barnabus reading the papers, and lunching with the ladies and little Lottie. 

This eatery is hallmarked by mismatched chairs and tables, a wealth of deli food on display and artisan breads to purchase. The food here is wholesome, tasty and homemade. Friendly service makes this coffee shop one of my favourite places to have a light lunch or whiling my time away over a nice coffee and a good book.

Lottie x

-=-=-=-

Mmm... Snails, makes my mouth water every time I shuffle past it as I head down Beulah Road. It always looks full and crowded from the outside (because it usually is) as they’ve really shoe-horned the tables in, but if you head on in you’ll usually find a seat. When you do you’re treated to a good selection of well prepared deli-quality food. I settled on something simple this time – poached eggs on toast – and they were possibly the nicest poached eggs on toast I’ve ever had. 

Washed down with a pot of earl grey, I had to hurry out before spending all my meagre savings on the waistline expanding cakes and takeaway goodies.

Barnabus

No comments:

Post a Comment